To help all understand our release targets, the following outlines what we are aiming for with new release.
At this time this is not a strict road map. That is, we will not reject work from future targets while working on earlier targets unless it blocks our effort on the existing targets. If a future target gets completed earlier then we may update the road map and related milestones to reflect that it will fall under an earlier release.
Milestone Theme: Resurrecting Vega Strike - We Can Release!
Minor release, to get things going.
- Release Linux and MacOS binaries, to begin receiving feedback from users.
- Release source code that compiles cleanly.
- If Windows compilation will be fixed/figured out in the near time, a subsequent release from this branch will be made with Windows binaries.
- Big changes and refactorings will be in future releases.
Milestone Theme: Removing Code
- drop networking support
- remove unnecessary code
- get things under a big better management
Milestone Theme: Moving from Python 2 to Python 3
- Update the Vega Strike Engine to use Python 3
- This will need to be paired with a release of our Asset Repositories that have also been upgraded to support Py3.