To help all understand our release targets, the following outlines what we are aiming for with new release.
At this time this is not a strict road map. That is, we will not reject work from future targets while working on earlier targets unless it blocks our effort on the existing targets. If a future target gets completed earlier then we may update the road map and related milestones to reflect that it will fall under an earlier release.
Theme: Moving from Python 2 to Python 3
- Update the Vega Strike Engine to use Python 3
- This will need to be paired with a release of our Asset Repositories that have also been upgraded to support Py3.
- This release is highly focused on the move to Python 3. Provided builds will be against Python3; Python2 support will be available via custom builds.
Theme: Installers Platforms
- Restore builds for Mac OS X, release pre-built binaries
- Restore builds for Windows, release pre-built binaries
- Installer for Mac OS X
- Installer for Windows
- Python 2 support will be completely removed from all platforms.
- Start building error handling on the C/C++ side; possibly expose it to the Python side (though that may get delayed to 0.10.0)